Welcome
Welcome to the HardCore Kayak Anglers Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

"Iter Itineris".... The Journey

Whether you kayak or canoe in freshwater, saltwater, inshore, back country, or hell even offshore feel free to tell us about your adventure.
Please little to NO profanity or personal attacks and try to stay on topic.

"Iter Itineris".... The Journey

Postby Mangohunter11 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Fishing to me is about the "journey". Many of times you are given the tools and its up to you to grasp and understand what the meaning is all about. Soaking in the many memories it bestows on you and the bonds it building between the mind and body.

I'll start off with the AWFC that took place in Chokoloskee. This was a great trip with some good friends. Fishing wasn't very hot to say the least but well worth it. Steve and I paddle hard and landed us a 10th place finish over all. Steve it was a pleasure meeting and fishing with you man! any time brotha!

A quick trip with my buddy Tex on a scouting mission for some new area ended up being a great winter like summer day. I was given the great opportunity to sight cast my biggest red that we estimated at around 35 inches resulted in me making a good cast and sticking a fly into to only see the fish lift up its head with a massive head shake to only watch in amazement as the fly came flying out of its mouth toward me face.
End results was this mid slot red that I sight casted for a quick tension relief.

With winds howling its been difficult for anything but land base fishing to take place. With that said I have been practicing my fly casting and taking out some pent up frustration on the local fresh water bullies.
My biggest large mouth sight casted on fly
Another big bass falls prey to the fly.

Another scouting mission...resulting in losing yet again two reds well over the 30 inch mark and ended up with this healthy 29 inch red sight casted on fly.

I was then invited by my buddy Drew Gregory to join him and the production crew on a fishing trip down in the Keys so I kindly said Hell yeah!
Fishing was again outstanding! Everyone hooked into something that made drags sing! The weather held out for a few days and I got to enjoy some good fishing, meet new friends and reach a new point in my fishing career.
Next boat on that will join the fleet soon.
Fellow JK team member Brooks on the superfishal! this thing is Sick!
The JK production crew chowing down.
The high light of this trip was beyond me... After seeing the fish casting at the shadow and hooking and watching the fish go into my hands change my thought process completely. It was humbling to give my self a challenge and meet one of my goals. To sight cast a bonefish on fly off the kayak. This fish broke the " ju ju" that had been cursing me for months and was given a gift for now by the fish Gods!

Here are some other photos to recap what's been going on.
Enjoy guys
Mangohunter11
Snook
Snook

Re: "Iter Itineris".... The Journey

Postby Tide1on » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Nice fishes guys!!!
"BLACK LINES MATTER"

NATIVE Redfish14
Steve
Tide1on
Associate Tournament Director / Graphics / Forum Moderator
Associate Tournament Director / Graphics / Forum Moderator

Postby bicoastal » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:02 pm

hahahaha. nice hulk hands! :smoke: :smoke:
bicoastal
SilverKing
SilverKing

Postby Ridgeback » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 am

That's a journey that most of us will never have the ability to travel. If you can....take it and suck up all the experiences that you can. Congrats Alex !
Fishing isn't a matter of life & death...it's much more important - Mark Knowles
Ridgeback
SilverKing
SilverKing

Postby LimeCider » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Awesome report mang! :toast: Looks like a great journey, thanks for sharing.
Keep It HardCore!

Russ

http://limecider.com/

LimeCider
Club Founder
Club Founder

Postby YakSlammer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:58 am

Great write up man. Completely agree with enjoying the journey far much more. The fish is just a "bi-product" of that experience!
YakSlammer
YakSlammer
Redfish
Redfish

Return to Fishing Reports